Thursday, February 23, 2012

Every Day Presents Challenges

The average person complains 15 to 30 times a day ... without even knowing it.

Today's challenge ... our vacation this week was cut short by my husband's unexpected business trip.  As it turns out, I had similar work / vacation conflicts in my former corporate life and I completey understand that these things do happen.  But even though I wasn't upset, I had the urge, when I went to the gym today, to mention it to the friends who were exercising.  Now that would have evoked sympatheic comments that weren't even necessary, but a week ago, I would have done it anyway.  Wearing my purple bracelet reminded me that there was nothing anyone at the gym could do and I just LET IT GO ... and I felt really good about it!

What are your challenges?

Once you decide to stop useless complaining, you become more aware of your challenges. Tomorrow, we'll talk about stage 2 in the change process ... CONSCIOUS INCOMPETENCE.

My update ... Day 4 compaint free!  But remember this is a refresher for me ... it took me 2 weeks to go one day the first time I took the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment